Mindfulness is paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment, without judgment. MBSR uses mindful movement, meditation, group discussion, and inquiry to teach students how to use mindfulness to relate differently to stress. The course teaches practical ways to integrate mindfulness into daily life and build and sustain a personal mindfulness practice.
Studies indicate that mindfulness-based stress reduction programs can reduce anxiety and increase general well-being and overall happiness.
Mindfulness can be successfully learned and practiced by people of all backgrounds. No prior experience is necessary.
Click here to watch an episode of 60 Minutes on mindfulness.
Each class session is 2.5 hours long, and the course includes an orientation session and an all-day class. Home practice support materials are included. Important dates below.
Sundays 1:00 - 3:30 PM
*Mandatory Orientation Sept. 11
Class 1 - 9/18
Class 2 - 9/25
Class 3 - 10/2
Skip - 10/9 (Columbus Day Weekend)
Class 4 - 10/16
Class 5 - 10/23
Class 6 - 10/30
All day retreat - Saturday 11/5 (10:00 AM - 4:30 PM) 1 hour break for lunch
Skip 11/6 (Emily away on retreat)
Class 7 - 11/13
Class 8 - 11/20
*If you are unable to make the orientation, or missed the orientation and still wish to enroll, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All students must receive orientation information and participate in an individual interview prior to attending Class 1. Orientation may be done by phone if you can't make the scheduled date.
Course fee includes all materials and the full day retreat.
Cancelation Policy: To qualify for a full or partial refund, you must email your intention to withdraw from this course to email@example.com by the dates below:
- Notification of cancelation sent by Sept 4 - Full Refund
- Notification of cancelation sent by Sept 8th - You will be charged a service fee of $50, and the balance of your tuition will be refunded to you via your USPS mail carrier. Please provide an address to receive your refund.
- Notification of cancelation sent no later than two days after the orientation meeting on Sept 13 - You will be charged a service fee of $75, and the balance of your tuition will be refunded to you via your USPS mail carrier.
- No refunds will be given after the three days following orientation Sept 14th.
- If you were wait listed and able to get a spot post orientation there will be no refund once payment is accepted.
- 18 students max ~ This course on Sundays has sold out every time we offer it.
Any questions regarding the course please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding registration, payments or info on Savasana Station please write to Kim email email@example.com
$375 discount: seniors, full time students, Savasana Station members + Early Bird until August 31st
$425 September 1st for those who aren't listed above
Work study opportunity: Position filled
Anyone may pay via check. Please pay to Savasana Station and mail to 212 AVE B NY, NY 10009. Include your email on the check to receive confirmation of class registration.