This spring join Emily Herzlin at Savasana Station for Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), the eight-week course developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the University of Massachusetts Medical School’s Center for Mindfulness.
Mindfulness is paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment, without judgment. MBSR uses mindful movement, meditation, group discussion, and inquiry to teach students how to use mindfulness to relate differently to stress. The course teaches practical ways to integrate mindfulness into daily life and build and sustain a personal mindfulness practice.
Studies indicate that mindfulness-based stress reduction programs can reduce anxiety and increase general well-being and overall happiness.
Mindfulness can be successfully learned and practiced by people of all backgrounds. No prior experience is necessary.
Click here to watch an episode of 60 Minutes on mindfulness.
Each class session is 2.5 hours long, and the course includes an orientation session and an all-day class. Home practice support materials are included. Important dates below.
***Mandatory Orientation on April 12th 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Tuesday mornings 9:30 - 12:00 PM
Mandatory orientation 4/12
Class 1 - 4/19
Class 2 - 4/26
Class 3 - 5/3
Skip - 5/10 (Emily on retreat)
Class 4 - 5/17
Class 5 - 5/24
Class 6 - 5/31
All day practice - Sunday June 5 (10:00 AM - 5:00 PM) break for lunch
Class 7 - 6/7
Class 8 - 6/14
Space is limited to 18. Please register early.
If you are unable to make the orientation, or missed the orientation and still wish to enroll, contact email@example.com. All students must receive orientation information and participate in an individual interview prior to attending Class 1.
Course fee includes all materials and the full day practice day.
Cancelation Policy: To qualify for a full or partial refund, you must email your intention to withdraw from this course to firstname.lastname@example.org by the dates below:
- Notification of cancelation sent by April 5th - Full Refund
- Notification of cancelation sent by April 10th - You will be charged a service fee of $50, and the balance of your tuition will be refunded to you via your USPS mail carrier. Please provide an address to receive your refund.
- Notification of cancelation sent no later than two days after the orientation meeting on April 12 - You will be charged a service fee of $75, and the balance of your tuition will be refunded to you via your USPS mail carrier.
- No refunds will be given after the two days following orientation April 15th.
- If you are able to get a spot post orientation there will be no refund once payment is accepted.
Any questions regarding the course please email email@example.com
Any questions regarding registration, payments or info on Savasana Station please write to Kim email firstname.lastname@example.org
$375 discount: seniors, full time students, Savasana Station members + Early Bird until March 31st